First Lady Comes to Y&C Class

You've probably heard how U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama has been visiting classrooms around the DC area. A few weeks ago our PIBC First Lady Joyce Owen came to visit my Youth and Children class. The students love Joyce, and so do I. It was a blessing to have her come and share with expertise with us about leading games for children.

Joyce taught the first part of the lesson in the classroom and then took the students outside to practice the games.

Joyce had the students participate in Awana type games around the circle.

Joyce explained a new game called the three way tug of war. Instead of two teams pulling in opposite directions, the rope is closed and the teams pull in three ways. It is REALLY fun!

The three way tug of war was great fun.

Joyce made some closing comments before the class ended. The students loved her visit. Thanks very much, Joyce!

Comments

Dave Owen said…
Thanks Ned, great post! I would agree with you that she really is the "first lady" at least for me. I enjoy reading your blog - lots of good info - I can stay up to date even when I am traveling...

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye Guam, Alii Palau!

Amelia says, "Goodbye, Long Hair!"

GOOD THINGS HAPPENING 3