First Time Voting in Ecuador

Hey, historic day for me.  I voted for the first time as an Ecuadorian resident.  We voted for prefect (provincial leader), mayor and city council.  It made me feel more Ecuadorian than ever, and it was an emotional moment for me.  I want to "be" Ecuadorian as much as possible to be able to reach Ecuadorians Christ, and this was definitely a milestone.  I wandered around a bit looking for the school where I had to vote.  You vote by last name, and Marisol and I do not vote at the same place, so we took turns taking care of the kids.  I finally asked a policeman and he called on his radio to find out.  I arrived at the school, signed in and then voted.  It is manual here, no machines, and then everything is tabulated on paper.  I celebrated after voting by buying a homemade coconut popcicle.  Delicious, but not as sweet as my first voting experience.  Becoming more bicultural each day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye Guam, Alii Palau!

Amelia says, "Goodbye, Long Hair!"

GOOD THINGS HAPPENING 3