First Baptismal Service

On Sunday I officiated at a baptismal service for the first time at the church in Cotacachi where I preach once a month.  Thirteen young people followed the Lord's leading to be baptized, the oldest one being 32.

Marisol's cousin Sara shared her testimony.  Within the past four years Sara lost both her parents to cancer.  Now she lives with her sister Irma and her husband Christian.




There wasn't much water in the baptistry.  I had to bend down real low.



Belén was one of the young people who got baptized.  She was a baby when I came here to Ecuador in 2001 and I led a cell group in her house.





Micaela was a member of the kids club years ago when I worked in children's ministry for Liebenzell.



These are pictures of Sara's baptism.  That was an honor for me.


Salomé, another of Marisol's cousins, also got baptized.



So did her sister Steffi.


Steffi almost slipped out of my hands when I bent over to immerse her.



Anahí, the daughter of one of my MINTS students, also got baptized.


So did her brother Fares.


After the baptismal service the children sang some songs.

Joel and Amelia participated in the songs.



Marisol's cousin Irma led the children in song and motions.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye Guam, Alii Palau!

Amelia says, "Goodbye, Long Hair!"

GOOD THINGS HAPPENING 3