More Passings

Some more obscure death notices (not necessarily current, sorry about that):

Composer Vic Mizzy died at 93 on October 17, 2009. He is most famous for the unforgettable theme song of The Addams Family. I don't think it's being used in the current musical en route to Broadway.

Kim Peek died on Amelia's 4th birthday on December 19 at age 58. Peek was the inspiration for the Dustin Hoffman character in "Rain Man." His life was truly amazing with all the facts he could memorize despite being labelled as mentally challenged. I can live without the movie. I've never been a Tom Cruise fan. His acting tends to get on my nerves.

On December 20 Arnold Stang, 91, passed away. Stang was the comic guest on many old TV shows, but his significance to me is that he voiced of Top Cat. You can't be a kid from my generation if you didn't watch "Top Cat."

Comments

Bill said…
Bits of Mr. Mizzy's theme song did make it into The Addams Family, contrary to earlier reports, including underscoring one very crowd-pleasing reveal, complete with finger snaps.
Thanks for the input. Do you think I should amend my blog posting!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye Guam, Alii Palau!

Amelia says, "Goodbye, Long Hair!"

GOOD THINGS HAPPENING 3