Joel's Grand Gala

Joel turned six on July 11, 2009, on the same day that Grandma Farnsworth celebrated her birthday in PA! Of course, we missed her here at our celebration.

Joel requested breakfast at Denny's. He quickly made his selection: the Jr. Grand Slam.
Joel was glad that PIBC/PIU colleagues May and Anne helped us to celebrate his birthday and graduation.

We decided to combine Joel's birthday party with a short kindergarten graduation ceremony. Joel read the poem "Growing" courtesy of our friend Joyce:
When I started kindergarten I couldn't have felt smaller, but I've been growing, growing--and not just growing taller! I've learned to read and learned to write; I've learned my number, too, and there are many other things that I have learned to do. Kindergarten's over now, but I am not afraid, because I know I'm ready to enter the first grade!


2009 kindergarten graduate Joel is flanked by two proud parents. We thank God for his good work and progress. Above all, we thank God that he is part of God's family and a kind friend to everyone he meets.
The kids take time for the paparazzi.
Joel relaxed for a moment with Faith, Holly, Delsha, and the food.
The kids enjoyed playing with each other.

Joel blew out the proverbial candles with a little bit of help from his friends.
Joyce and Del were a big help, as always. Service with a smile.
Here's a picture of the Spanish-speaking contingent from the party. From left to right are Alfredo, Benny, Rafael, Martha, Maria Fernanda, Monica, Francesca, Margarita, Amelia, and Marisol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye Guam, Alii Palau!

Amelia says, "Goodbye, Long Hair!"

GOOD THINGS HAPPENING 3