Superheroes in PIBC Chapel!

I try to involve my family as much as I can with what I am doing. When I spoke in chapel a few weeks ago we began with a family skit, a Superheroe skit. Amelia played Flash, Joel played Wolverine, and I played Superskinny. Marisol was the Damsel in Distress.

Marisol was being crushed by a Big Wheel and called for help.

Flash and Wolverine responded first to the S.O.S. I was in my office changing as fast as I could.

Together we were able to rescue Mamá from further harm. As we left, we urged her, "Be a good citizen; love your neighbor."
I segued into a lesson about the woman caught in adultery in John 8. Using Bob Kauflin's song "He'll Always Defend You," I reminded the students that when God rescues us from our sinful past, he always give us a responsibility. For the women it happened to be, "Go and sin no more." Jesus wants us to make our lives count for Him. Certainly not easy, but a challenge worth noticing and living out.

Comments

Brad Boydston said…
Look! It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's Superskinny!

I'm still trying to figure out where you found a phone booth at PIBC.

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye Guam, Alii Palau!

Amelia says, "Goodbye, Long Hair!"

GOOD THINGS HAPPENING 3