Crown of Righteousness

I finally finished installing the last part of the swingset last week. That was a project for the semester break, and it barely got done. Joel and I also went to see "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: a Veggie Tales Movie." Although cute, there are some parts that frightened Joel so we "cuddled" in those parts. Some of it was a spoof of "The Pirates of the Caribbean" series and unintellible on one level for kids. I enjoyed having time to do something alone with Joel, just the Farnsworth men.

At the college now we're back to work; registration and the first day of classes was Monday. My new position has me frazzled some of the time. That's probably normal for a new job. Each day I'm learning that I am responsible for things that I didn't realize I was responsible for. Any way I look at it, this job, and the two classes I am teaching, are TOO BIG for me! Every day I'm reminded that I need the Lord's wisdom and strength. Please continue to pray for me, that I can honor God and help PIBC as I serve in this new way. I am blessed to have a wonderful team to assist me in student affairs: Dean of Women Melissa, Assistant Dean of Women Ethel, Dean of Men Hiob, and Student Discipler Evelyn. Pray that we can display godly unity as we work together for the good of our campus.

Along with Paul I want to be able to say one day: "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day--and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing" (2 Timothy 4:7-8).

The picture above shows Joel and Amelia with "crowns" on their heads. The "crown" that Paul mentioned was a reference back to "finishing the race." In ancient times the winners of races were adorned with crowns of laurel leaves. May we all be found faithful in the things He calls us to do for His kingdom!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye Guam, Alii Palau!

Amelia says, "Goodbye, Long Hair!"

GOOD THINGS HAPPENING 3