Work, work, work!

Every other Monday the PIBC students have a work day for two hours from 8:00-10:00 am. They clean up the campus inside the buildings and out. We help sometimes, even though it's my day off. I must admit that I did not help today. Saturday I drove the van all day, transporting the students back and forth to the Lutheran Church for a fundraising carwash. And yesterday was an even longer day: one of the vans had a flat tire in the morning when we were trying to leave for church; then the other van broke down when I was going to pick up the students from church. I spent all afternoon going back to the van to wait for the tow truck and then I accompanied him to the mechanic's. I took today to rest and pack for our upcoming move.

Here is a picture from a previous work day. Joel posed with his friend Breechlyn or NeiNei who watches him and Amelia during our classes on Wednesday and Friday mornings. Not only does she serve as one of the two female Resident Assistants at PIBC, She also is a good friend to our kids.

Smileen demonstrates the fine art of flowerbed weeding.

As you can see, Jayvina does wonders with a rake. Believe it or not, the male students also work on the PIBC work days. Next time I will need to take some pictures of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye Guam, Alii Palau!

Amelia says, "Goodbye, Long Hair!"

GOOD THINGS HAPPENING 3