Miscellaneous Musings

Photographer Joel Mark Farnsworth took this picture of Marisol with our neighbor Melissa ("Auntie Em") Heck. We will really miss being her neighbor; at the same time, we accept God's will for our lives. Read full details below.

Hello there, the Farnsworth Forum is back in action. I apologize for my long silence. Getting my three classes ready for this semester took much of my time, and I must also confess that I have been somewhat discouraged about some things, and depression does not make for vibrant blog postings.

We have been informed that we need to leave our present apartment and move off-campus to create necessary office space at Pacific Islands Bible College. I'm not exactly sure when this change will be made, but we are sad because this will affect our ability to build relationships with the students and will complicate my job as Assistant Dean of Men. No longer will I be able to open my door, walk a few steps and be with the young men that I am supposed to mentor. But we hold our heads high because we made the commitment to fulfill our responsibilities when we came to PIBC and we will continue to fulfill them, whether it is hard or easy. Please pray for us as we will need to pack and move in the midst of vigorous daily responsibilities which will not disappear during the process of moving.
The house where we will be moving is nearby, and we hope that the students will continue to make informal visits to our house as they did during this time that we have lived on campus. Knowing the students, I think that they may not want to walk further to come and see us, ask me questions about their assignments for the classes I am teaching, etc., but we leave these human circumstances in the hands of the Lord. We want to do what is best for PIBC, and we submit to their decision.

Two of the actresses who played characters on sitcom reruns that I enjoyed watching as a child have died: Miyoshi Umeki (Mrs. Livingstone on "The Courtship of Eddie's Father") died on August 28 at 78 and Alice Ghostley (the wacky witch Esmerelda on "Bewitched") died on September 21 at 81. Both were more than sitcom stars; they both won Tony Awards for their work on Broadway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye Guam, Alii Palau!

Amelia says, "Goodbye, Long Hair!"

GOOD THINGS HAPPENING 3