Joel's First VBS

Julie Emanuel welcomes us to Vacation Bible School at the Palauan Evangelical Church in Guam. This is the church where I helped with the teacher training during the first several months of 2007. Seeing my former students applying some of the things they learned during our time together really blessed my heart.
In Joel's class they children made a picture of the boat where Paul encouraged his friends during the storm. One of the teachers helps him to glue the wood onto his boat.

Joel continues to color his picture to perfection.

Carmine (boy with cast on his arm) and Lindy assist the children with their pictures. Carmine faithfully attended our Adventure Club held on the PIBC campus every Wednesday night. Marisol and I helped to organize this weekly ministry activity with the PIBC students. We usually had between 20-30 kids who attended. I was so pleased to see Carmine serve as a helper at the VBS at his church. Lindy is the female teacher in this picture. She was the head teacher in Joel's group and another one of my students from the teacher training. I was so proud of her hard work and enthusiasm!

Joel said Ephesians 6:10 to the Bible verse lady (Julie) and picked a red ball as his prize.

VBS had a water theme, and Joel loved filling up his styrofoam cup and throwing water at the other children, who threw water on him in return. He was in WATER HEAVEN! It was such a hot day, and we both got a little sunburned.

On Father's Day we attended the closing ceremony at the church, not knowing what to expect. When the children passed by on their way up front to sing, Joel rushed out of his seat. I could not have received a better Father's Day gift: seeing my son singing and doing the hand motions to the songs along with his new friends at the Palauan church. I have rarely, if ever, seen such a nice and well-behaved bunch of kids at a Vacation Bible School. One of the joys of doing mission work is giving your children the opportunity to have friends from different cultures, and what a rich blessing it is! Thank you, Heavenly Father, for giving me the chance to be an earthly Father. Help me to be a good father to Joel and Amelia!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye Guam, Alii Palau!

Amelia says, "Goodbye, Long Hair!"

GOOD THINGS HAPPENING 3