ENDURING LIFE

 Sigmund Freud said,

"Man's first duty is to learn to endure life,"

 which I suppose rings partly true. But in the spiritual sense, it carries a deeper meaning:

Accepting all things from the hand of a good, loving God. Learning to accept all things because they have a purpose for good in our lives.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose" (Romans 8:28).

Also learning contentment in whatever lot in life we find ourselves in. Not resignation but recognition of the work of our Heavenly Father for our good.

Paul addresses this in Philippians 4. In fact, this is the context of Philippians 4:13, not the ability to do "Superman" type feats, but rather to encounter strength for daily contentment in times of abundance or need. 

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength (Philippians 4:12-13).

That, my friends, is the secret for "enduring" life.

May God give us the grace and strength to carry on.

AMEN!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chameleon

GOOD THINGS HAPPENING 3

January Fun