Youth and Children Students Practice with Real Youth

My Youth and Children class recently presented a youth program at the Palauan Evangelical Church of Guam. I always try to arrange programs in local churches that allow the students to practice what we are learning during our classtime. They chose the theme "God Looks on the Heart" from 1 Samuel 16:7. All of the activities were supposed to reflect the theme in some way.

I learned a new game from the students. They sent around a roll of toilet paper and asked each person to rip some pieces off. Then we went around the group and we needed to say something about ourselves for each piece of T.P. I was glad I only tore off four pieces.

Before the Bible study Rambo, Shelby and Lucy presented a very funny skit in which two women try to impress a guy. One lady has all the necessary accessories, and the other improvises with what she has. You can see the beautiful rice bag that she is using as a purse.


To me the most effective part of the program were the small groups following Mike's devotional. It was great to see my student interact with the Palauan youth.

One of the games was a relay in which the guys dressed in women's clothes and the women in men's. It was quite funny for everyone. I especially liked seeing my students Dave and Hadson wearing the purple dress.

The church invited us for pizza afterwards. Thanks, PEC, for letting us spend Saturday morning with you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye Guam, Alii Palau!

Amelia says, "Goodbye, Long Hair!"

GOOD THINGS HAPPENING 3