Back to School

The new semester at PIBC began on January 19. Here are some pictures of our preparation.

Now we are using new software at PIBC. The owner and author of the software, Monk (real name Montgomery) came from Atlanta to train us. Thankfully he is not obsessive compulsive as the TV Monk is.

I sat next to Cheryl and Melissa during the training, and she kept me well-entertained.
Urte, our new PIBC registrar, is learning how to navigate through the new software. She and Karin have been a great help to all of us at the beginning of this new semester.

One of my tasks at PIBC that I find rewarding and challenging is that of academic advisor. I have a number of students that I help to choose their classes and complete their program of study in a timely way. It also allows me to get to know some students that I normally wouldn't come in contact with too often otherwise. Here I am pictured with Judson.
Please pray for me as I teach English for Academic Purposes 2 on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9:30-10:45. I have nine students in that class which prepares them for Freshman English. Right now we are learning how to write business letters. I also teach Youth and Children on Tuesday and Thursdays from 8:00-9:15. Y&C is a practical theology class that helps the students know how to work effectively with, you guessed it, young people and kids. It is filled with practical lessons that the students themselves present, and I really enjoy teaching this class. This semester is the first time I have ever taught classes back to back, and I must admit that I like it because it frees up the rest of my day. I help Marisol by home schooling Joel on Wednesday and Friday mornings, so teaching takes up quite a bit of my time. I suppose I became a teacher honestly since both of my parents were educators as were my maternal grandfather and my paternal grandmother.
Thanks for all your prayers. I appreciate them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye Guam, Alii Palau!

Amelia says, "Goodbye, Long Hair!"

GOOD THINGS HAPPENING 3