AWANA Finishes Strong

This semester I helped in AWANA Club at our church. Joel's group, the Cubbies, needed another teacher/helper, so I volunteered. It was my first experience with AWANA, and I enjoyed it very much. I participated in Christian Service Brigade at my church and received the Herald of Christ Award, which is CSB's equivalent of the Eagle Scout in Boy Scouts. It was a great experience for me, and we are very pleased that Joel is learning so many Bible verses at a young age. We review them as a family at mealtimes.

The second to last week of club we had "Get Wet Night." I'm sure you can imagine how much fun the three-and-year-old children had with their friends.

Joel especially wanted to get his leaders wet. He was quite a threat to Miss Karen. Sorry for the blurry photo. They are in action!
Joel refilled his water gun as fast as he could to make sure no one went home dry.
Joel also blew bubbles with Miss Jan. He loved going to AWANA and only missed one meeting all year long.
Miss Jan awarded the patches and pins to the Cubbies. Joel completed his "Jumper Celebrations" book and will pass on to the Sparks group next year. He will miss Miss Jan, Miss Kathy and Miss Karen, and yes, yours truly as well, although he can see me any time.

AWANA celebrations are never complete without the obligatory refreshments. A good time was shared by all the parents and their Cubbies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye Guam, Alii Palau!

Amelia says, "Goodbye, Long Hair!"

GOOD THINGS HAPPENING 3