Back and Better than Ever!

I hope that got everyone's attention. I have been more swamped with a canoe with English essays and student/teacher conferences, which I really enjoyed doing. At mid-semester I meet with my students to discuss their progress. Please pray for many of them as they struggle with their writing assignments. Of course, it is hard enough to write essays for us native English speakers, but it becomes more complicated for those who are learning English as their second language.

Marisol continues to make good progress with her Freshman English class. Thank you for praying for her. She had her midterm yesterday which she should get back next week. I am very proud of her; her writing is really improving. I keep teasing her that soon she won't need her proofreader (me!) Please keep praying for her. It's not easy to be a student and a mother and wife!!!

Joel loves AWANA. He is becoming a Bible verse memory machine. We enjoy doing his homework together and review his verses at our family mealtimes. It has been great for Joel's social life as well as his spiritual life. He has made new friends and doesn't seem as shy with people anymore.

Amelia: what can I say about her? I wish I would be about 10 years younger to be able to keep up with her. SHE IS FAST! Everyone loves her and says how cute she is (and Joel, too!). That is both flattering and a bit embarrassing for me as a parent. Of course, I think they are adorable, but it is a bit uncomfortable to know how to respond sometimes.

May I please ask you to pray for our Guam campus director and PIBC office manager, Jens and Karin Schulz. Immigration has informed them that their religious workers visa are being revoked, and they need to leave by the end of the semester. From our own dealings with immigration (CIS, formerly INS) in the past, we know that they are not the easiest nor kindest people to work with. In fact, they can be quite indifferent. Please pray for God's will in this situation and for God to provide new workers if the Schulzes have to leave. Pray for God's peace for Jens and Karin in the midst of this storm, not unlike the tropical storms we have been dealing with the past couple of months.

Thanks for all your prayers and support.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye Guam, Alii Palau!

Amelia says, "Goodbye, Long Hair!"

GOOD THINGS HAPPENING 3